BICF has numerous opportunities for passionate and dedicated volunteers to offer their services to the organization and our campers.
A key component of the BICF experience is one-on-one mentoring. BICF pairs each new 4th grade camper with an adult mentor who provides year-round support and encouragement to the camper, assists with outfitting the camper for camp, and, if able, drives the camper (and possibly other campers) to and/or from camp if needed. For more information about the BICF Mentor Commitment, click HERE. To access our New Mentor Application, click HERE. Return completed application to BICF Executive Director, Mollie James (firstname.lastname@example.org). See below for information regarding mandatory volunteer clearance/background check.
If you are not able to make a commitment to be a BICF Mentor, please consider signing up to be a general volunteer. Volunteers help with camper transportation to and from camp and/or enrichment opportunities throughout the school year. Volunteers also serve by writing letters to campers while at camp, writing birthday cards to campers, and assisting with office data entry.
All BICF volunteers and mentors must register as volunteers with CMS and pass a routine background check. Here are the simple instructions for completing this process:
- Go to https://www.cmsvolunteers.com/
- In the middle of the page, click where it says “New Volunteer? Click Here to Register.”
- For “Business or Organization,” choose Bruce Irons Camp Fund from the drop-down menu.
- For Schools where you plan to volunteer, choose “I don’t know.”
- You will need your Social Security number and Driver’s License number for the background check section.
- Click “Submit” at the bottom, and you will receive an email in a day or two confirming you are registered.
- Upon notice of your registration, you must e-mail a copy of your Driver’s License and Proof of Auto Insurance to Ms. Keshaun Stevens, CMS Police at: Keshaun.email@example.com. This step is necessary for you to become authorized to transport students. You should receive an email confirmation of your status with CMS –please forward that to Mollie James (firstname.lastname@example.org) for our records.
- IF you are already registered as a volunteer with CMS, log in and associate with BICF by choosing BICF from the drop-down menu. You must also take the second step of submitting your Driver’s License and Auto Insurance to Officer Stevens to be cleared to drive students.